PARLIAMENTARY QUESTION 3612
DATE OF PUBLICATION: 23 November 2018
Dr M J (DA) to ask the Minister of Economic Development:
Whether the Competition Commission purchased any motor vehicles since 1 April 2015; if so, what is the (a) make, (b), model, (c) price and (d) date on which each vehicle was purchased? NW4183E
Motor vehicles purchased since 1 April 2015
Yes, the Competition Commission purchased motor vehicles in each financial year since 1 April 2015. Expenditure has been disclosed in the relevant annual financial statements.
Details of the purchases are as follows:
2015/16 Financial year
- One Toyota Corolla was procured at a purchase price of R 271 566.
- One Audi A4 was procured, at a purchase price of R 430 212.
- One Toyota Hilux was procured at a purchase price of R242 012.
2016/17 Financial year
- Two Toyota Corolla vehicles were procured, at purchase prices of R 270 795; and R282 275 each.
2017/18 Financial year
- Two BMW 3-series vehicles were procured, at purchase prices of R420 800 and R425 700 each and two BMW 5-series vehicles were procured, at purchase prices of R621 501 each.