by Monalisa Zwambila. The OUTsurance Father's Day debacle brings to the fore the need to lobby more aggressively for black representation in the curation of commercials and the creation of content.
#CannesLions: Health & Wellness, Pharma winners — SA takes Gold
#CannesLions: SA makes six of nine Monday shortlists
by MarkLives. South Africa has walked off with its first Gold Lion for 2017 at this year's Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity, and has made a further six shortlists.
Big Q Consultancies: Problems used to be more onedimensional
by MarkLives. We asked a panel of key industry execs for their take on consultancies eating ad agencies' lunch. Next is Wayne Hull of Accenture Digital.
By Invitation Only: Social media key for travel decision-making
by Leigh Franks. Destination-marketing organisations and other travel professionals must adjust their marketing strategies accordingly.
Fair Exchange: The days of “I think” are over… bring on the facts
by Erna George. We marketers need to reclaim or command more stature, and be seen as leaders of consumer understanding.
- Ad of the Week: Who’s your daddy?
- MagLove: The best magazine covers 15 June 2017
- Shelf Life: Port2Port.wine goes on surrealist odyssey with Pier2Pier
- SA TV Ratings: DStv — primetime top 30 for May 2017
On the Radar:
- Times Media Group rebrands
- Data training for 6 000 African journalists
- Bronx Woman appoints agency
- New agency for Konica Minolta South Africa
- Wireless Business Solutions rebrands
- Further lineup changes for KFM, 947
Go to MarkLives.com for breaking news, exclusive industry opinion, company news and jobs! Sign up here for the MarkLives email newsletter every Monday and Thursday. Follow MarkLives on Twitter, Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, Pinterest and YouTube. NEW: Ramify.biz — connecting marketers and agencies free of charge — covering South Africa, Namibia, Mauritius, Zimbabwe, Botswana — and now Kenya, Nigeria, Tanzania and Uganda!